The CSASC is filled with "whole food, plant-based recipes from your favorite vegan chefs". Many of these chefs are considered "big-wigs" in the plant-based community. Two of my favorites are Lindsay Nixon, of Happy Herbivore fame, (I have included her recipe for Minestrone in this post) and Dr. John McDougall from the McDougall Program; their recipes feel like home to me.
Guess what? I get to give one away!!
The giveaway starts today and will end at midnight tomorrow!! I will announce the winner on my 48th birthday which just happens to be this Friday, the 25th (had to sneak that in there). The ONLY thing you must do to enter is leave a comment with a valid email or a blog address where you can be reached; you would be surprised the number of people who do not do do that and miss out on a great giveaway. You can also earn an entry by liking my Plant Proud Living Facebook page.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
by Lindsay Nixon, The Happy Herbivore
1 small onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups sliced or chopped vegetables
Crushed red pepper (optional)
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 cups vegetable stock
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 15-ounce can white beans (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Line a large pot with a thin layer of water and sauté onion, garlic, and a pinch of crushed red pepper, if using, for a minute.
2. Add Italian seasoning and continue to cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add all remaining ingredients, including choice vegetables, except beans, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
3. Bring to a boil then cover, decrease heat to low, and let simmer until vegetables are tender, about
4. Add beans, if using, cooked rice, or pasta (see Tips), and continue to cook until thoroughly warm.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Fire-roasted tomatoes are especially good here, and feel free to substitute leftover cooked pasta or rice for
the optional beans—or use all three!
I typically use carrots, zucchini, and yellow squash, but use whatever you have on hand.